Re: [htdig] Commenting allowed in external star_url and limit_url

Subject: Re: [htdig] Commenting allowed in external star_url and limit_url
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 14:57:58 PST

According to Geoff Hutchison:
> At 7:42 PM +0100 1/18/00, Stein, Thomas (AGLW) wrote:
> >As I am indexing multiple servers I would like to specify those URLs in a
> >special starting_urls_file and limiting_urls_file. I wonder whether
> >commenting with # is allowed in those files. If yes, are spaces between the
> ># and the comment are allowed as well?
>
> I believe so--I think it just does a recursive parse on the file
> before including it in the config. So all the normal features of a
> config file are used (including comments).
>
> Once the config parser sees a '#' character, it ignores the rest of the line.

This is true of the config file include mechanism, but I think Thomas was
referring to the attribute file substitution mechanism, e.g.:

  start_url: `${config_dir}/starting_urls_file`

This is handled by ParsedString::getFileContents(), which does not currently
allow comments. It would be a pretty simple addition to the code, though.