Re: [htdig] Search terms won't show up...

Subject: Re: [htdig] Search terms won't show up...
From: Jeff Hill (jhill@hronline.com)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 11:00:40 PST

Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> At 6:42 PM -0500 1/16/00, Brian A. Marks wrote:
> >I have ht://Dig installed at my site (www.grandprix.net) and just love it.
> >However, when searching for terms I _know_ exist on many of the pages, they
> >won't turn up for some reason, but other searches are successful. I know

I certainly have been there, and occasionally still am. The
only thing I know for certain is to do a full new dig and
merge -- works almost everytime for me. In one instance I know
that, when I run out of disk space, even though I've been able
to do the merge and everything looks okay except for documents
missing at the end, I'll still get odd errors. Last week, the
term "team basics" wasn't showing up, although it was in the
wordlist 450 times. However, when htsearch fails on this in my
case, it does not send back a "no matches" but an error
message.

Regards,

Jeff Hill

P.S. Did anyone ever contribute php code for the + and -
implementation for boolean searches? I know there was some
talk, but didn't find anything in the archives.