Re: AW: [htdig] Unable to contact server and non-standard extensions

Subject: Re: AW: [htdig] Unable to contact server and non-standard extensions
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 08:39:01 PST

At 10:11 AM +0100 1/17/00, Michael Balzer wrote:
>this all seems to me like there is some kind of timing
>problem / race condition in the http get code of htdig.
>
>geoff?

This is entirely possible. It's obviously been hard to track down
these sorts of problems--a bit like running after the wind. There
does seem to be some sort of strange timing problem in the networking
code and it doesn't seem to have improved with the bug-fixes in
3.1.4. To my knowledge, it can come up with the current devel code as
well.

Does anyone have any experience with networking code?

Something that might help is a comparison of the TCP connections of
htdig and another browser like lynx.