[htdig] Using metatag other than htdig-notification-date?

Subject: [htdig] Using metatag other than htdig-notification-date?
From: Roel de Cock (roeland@operamail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 06:57:54 PST

Hello diggers,

I've just started figuring out ht://dig and am quite interested in using
htnotify, perhaps after some customising.

Unfortunately our in-the-tens-of-thousands documents are all equipped with an
expiration-date (dd-mm-yyyy) instead of htdig-notification-date. Likewise,
there is a mailname-author equivalently to htdig-email.

Is there any possible way to have htdig/htnotify pick up those names instead
of the default ones? My educated guess would be 'replace them all in HTML.cc'
but if there is a more elegant solution, I'd be pleased to know.

And if I manage to overcome this metatag-problem, how do I get htnotify to use
our local dd-mm-yyyy format? Would setting date_format do the job?

(I dare barely suggest it, but wouldn't this be a really nice thing to be
configurable?)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Roel

---