Re: [htdig] Windows NT version

Subject: Re: [htdig] Windows NT version
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 11:27:33 PST

According to "Stein, Thomas (AGLW)":
> You should read this if you use 'htm' instead 'html'.
> http://www.htdig.org/mail/2000/01/0114.html

Not so! As I said last week, there's nothing in the code that would
prevent it from using .htm instead of .html, and I have yet to see a
reproduceable test case that would prove otherwise.

The only possible problem I could imagine is if you're indexing though
an HTTP server that doesn't tag .htm files as text/html, but that's an
HTTP server configuration issue, and not a problem in htdig. I'd expect
that any NT-based HTTP server would correctly handle .htm files.

If you use index.htm or default.htm as your directory index file, then
you should change the remove_default_doc config attribute, and possibly
also local_default_doc, but other than that, .htm suffixes should pose
no problem.

Of course, these configuration issues have nothing to do with htsearch
template files either, which is the problem you claimed existed in your
earlier message referenced above. I tried template files ending in .htm,
and they worked fine.