[htdig] Changing TMP Dir

Subject: [htdig] Changing TMP Dir
From: Jeff Hill (jhill@hronline.com)
Date: Sun Jan 16 2000 - 11:23:54 PST

I seem unable to specify a directory for htdig to use for its
files. I've scanned the mailing list and nothing seems wrong
with my rundig script (which is run by cron):

#!/bin/sh
umask=022
rm /usr/local/htdig/db/db.docdb
rm /usr/local/htdig/db/db.docs.index
rm /usr/local/htdig/db/db.wordlist
rm /usr/local/htdig/db/db.words.db
cd /usr/local/htdig/bin
TMPDIR=/tmp
export TMPDIR
/usr/local/htdig/bin/htdig -i -c
/usr/local/htdig/conf/hronline.conf -s
/usr/local/htdig/bin/htmerge -c
/usr/local/htdig/conf/hronline.conf -s

Rather than placing the htdig files in /tmp the files are
placed in /usr/local/htdig/db, the directory where the final
merged files are supposed to go. As I understand it from the
mailing list, one should use "=" and "export" commands when
using the sh shell in a script run by cron. There are no
TMPDIR or export commands in my hronline.conf file either.
Obviously, however, I am making some error.

I'm using htdig-3.1.4; Debian Linux kernel 2.0.36.

Thanks for any help -- and for the past help I received
setting up the PHP3-wrapper.

Jeff Hill