Re: AW: [htdig] Template_map: example

Subject: Re: AW: [htdig] Template_map: example
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 11:16:32 PST

According to "Stein, Thomas (AGLW)":
> I had a problem as I used the .htm extension instead of the .html. I couln't
> get it to accept those template files even I have changed them in the
> htdig.conf correctly. I had to move those template files to .html again and
> it worked perfectly (it applyed for footer.html, header.html and the other
> files in the common directory). A bug ?

A misconfiguration, perhaps? There is nothing in the code to prevent
you from using any filename extension you want for template files.
It doesn't even look at the filenames, but just passes them on to fopen().
I just tried the following attributes and they worked fine:

search_results_wrapper:
search_results_header: /etc/htdig/hdr.htm
search_results_footer: /etc/htdig/ftr.htm
nothing_found_file: /etc/htdig/nma.htm
syntax_error_file: /etc/htdig/syn.htm

Of course, I could have used search_results_wrapper instead of
search_results_header and search_results_footer. Note that if
search_results_wrapper is set, it overrides the separate header
and footer, as long as the wrapper file is readable.