Re: [htdig] Template_map: example

Subject: Re: [htdig] Template_map: example
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 10:12:22 PST

According to AlexRe:
> now I want to personalize the html results page... I have found some
> examples about configuring the header, the footer, the nomatch and the
> errorsyntax pages, but I am quite lost with the template_map options...
> Does somebody knows a good example where I can see a template_map file
> source code??

The sample htdig.conf contains a few commented-out lines that give
an example of a template_map setting (as does the htdoc/attrs.html
file). The acutal sample template files are common/long.html and
common/short.html which do the same thing as their corresponding
builtin templates. You may edit these directly to do as you want,
or copy them into other template files if you use different file names
in template_map. The template variables you can use are documented in

If your ht://Dig distribution doesn't have these examples, you've
installed an older version, and should upgrade to 3.1.4.

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: