Re: [htdig] Adding TARGET=_blank to each results set link

Subject: Re: [htdig] Adding TARGET=_blank to each results set link
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 14:23:52 PST

According to Rodger Zeisler:
> Is there a way (other then modify the code) to at TARGET=_blank to each of
> the results set links so that when I click on the link, it opens a new
> window? I scanned through the htsearch configuration keywords and didn't
> notice anything obvious.

You need to define the result template files you want to use, via the
template_map attribute, then edit the template files to add in the HTML
parameters you want. Modifying the code to change the builtin-long and
builtin-short templates is definitely not the best way to do this, and
would defeat the whole point of having a template capability in the first
place.

See http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#template_map