[htdig] sort by time

Subject: [htdig] sort by time
From: Jim Green (jfgreen@pilot.msu.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 12:28:50 PST

I'm new to htdig -- apologies if this has been asked and answered but I did
study the docs and list archive to no avail.

It's working fine except "sort by time" does not seem to work. I gather it
is supposed to operate on "last modified" -- I assume this means the
Last-Modified header returned by the web server, right? I did check to be
see that Apache returns this header, and it seems to. Otherwise I'm
stumped -- there is so little mention of it in the docs that I gather it
usually works correctly.

I'm using the standard rundig script so I tried rundig -vvv but I didn't see
anything in the output of that to help.

I would appreciate some suggestions on what to try next.

We are running Apache 1.3.9 on a Sun Ultra 5 with Solaris 2.6. Our htdig is
version 3.1.4

Jim Green
Project Leader -- Web/Library Support Services
Michigan State University Computer Laboratory
phone: (517) 355-4500 ext. 176
fax: (517)353-9847
e-mail: jfgreen@pilot.msu.edu
home page: http://www.msu.edu/user/jfgreen