Subject: Re: [htdig] htdig and Polish characters
From: Geoff Hutchison (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 21:15:39 PST
At 9:39 AM +0100 1/5/00, =?iso-8859-2?Q?Maciej_Pa=B3ys?= wrote:
>Polish encoding is ISO latin-2.
That could be the problem. I don't really know what the differences are.
> > The most critical thing, as mentioned in the FAQ, is to make sure the
> > locale attribute is set correctly. This usually takes care of most
> > problems.
>I have got my locale set to pl_PL. I set up everything according to FAQ.
>Still the same problem :(
>The index file contains words with Polish characters after indexing, but
>htsearch does not find those keywords in database - that is my problem.
That is indeed a problem. I'm not quite sure why that would be the
case--it should be doing a straight string comparison with the
Williams Students Online
To unsubscribe from the htdig mailing list, send a message to
You will receive a message to confirm this.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b28 : Tue Jan 11 2000 - 21:33:37 PST