Re: [htdig] external parser

Subject: Re: [htdig] external parser
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 15:46:06 PST

At 5:49 PM +0100 1/8/00, Markus Mohr wrote:
>open(CAT, "$parsecmd") || die "Hmmm. $parser doesn't want to be opened
>using pipe.\n";
>print "\n\nKommando: $parsecmd\n";
>

>but this shows up only at the third error:
>
>External parser error in line:

Phooey, I remember there was something I wanted to get into the 3.1.4
release--I updated these error messages in 3.2.0 to be a bit more
specific about what was wrong.

I'd worry about "./pdftotext" as a command. I have no idea what the
working directory is likely to be when the code is calling the parser
and it's not necessarily going to have the binary in it.

Try just "pdftotext -raw"