Re: [htdig] Berekely DB version in htdig

Subject: Re: [htdig] Berekely DB version in htdig
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 15:42:33 PST

At 3:29 PM -0800 1/8/00, David Schwartz wrote:
> I changed the version of the db in htdig from 2.6.4 to 2.7.7 just by
>dropping the newer version in. It seems to work perfectly. Is there any
>particular reason a newer version isn't in the distribution?

Yes, when we prepare a final release (e.g. 3.1.0) we firm up the
various "imported" code like the Berkeley DB and some various GNU
code. In general, for bug fix releases, we do not change these pieces
since we'd hate to inadvertently introduce *new* bugs. (We'd
obviously update them if there was a bug in that code itself.)