Re: [htdig] htdig and Polish characters

Subject: Re: [htdig] htdig and Polish characters
From: Maciej Pa造s (
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 00:39:45 PST

> At 3:03 PM +0100 12/29/99, =?iso-8859-2?Q?Maciej_Pa=B3ys?= wrote:
> >Does anyone have experience with making htdig accept keywords, containing
> >Polish characters (or non-ASCII characters), received from a webpage form
> Polish, no. Other ISO Latin-1 languages? Yes.

Polish encoding is ISO latin-2.

> The most critical thing, as mentioned in the FAQ, is to make sure the
> locale attribute is set correctly. This usually takes care of most
> problems.

I have got my locale set to pl_PL. I set up everything according to FAQ.
Still the same problem :(

The index file contains words with Polish characters after indexing, but
htsearch does not find those keywords in database - that is my problem.

Greets :)

Maciej Pa造s
mks Sp. z o.o. tel. (+0 22) 665 92 58