Re: [htdig] <inget ämne>

Subject: Re: [htdig]
From: Jon Jensen (jon-dce@viscom.byu.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 17:42:58 PST

I don't run ht://Dig on OS X Server, but it's a known problem that the
virtual memory handling on that OS is terrible. I can consistently crash
it by opening a 100 MB text file in vi, on a G3 with 384 MB RAM and over 2
GB free for swap. Obviously that's ridiculously unstable.

You can check /etc/swaptab for your current swap settings. do 'man
mach_swapon' to read about how to change it. And you can check Apple's
Tech Info Library at http://til.info.apple.com/ and search for more there.
But like I said, I believe it's a serious kernel problem that will
hopefully be fixed in the next major release.

Also, you could try asking the folks at Tenon (http://www.tenon.com/) if
they've been able to use ht://Dig with a similarly large database on a
similar machine with their version of ht://Dig for OSXS.

Good luck,
Jon