Re: [htdig] question

Subject: Re: [htdig] question
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 17:10:13 PST

At 5:22 PM -0500 12/23/99, Yurais Fernandez Leal wrote:
>I have the FTP Server accesed by HTTP, Can I make this ?, every
>directory has a description, I want only to give back the Filename
>and the description when someone make the search...

Yes, you could probably do this, but it's overkill--you could do it
much easier with a Perl script or the like.

For the sake of discussion, I'll assume the "descriptions" are on the
pages as link text to each filename. <a href="...">[description]</a>
-- you'd do it a bit differently depending on how the descriptions
are stored.

If you set description_factor high and all the other factors to 0, it
will only match the text of links. (Or you do this however, the
description will come up).

Then make a custom template and use the ${DESCRIPTION} variable.