Re: [htdig] Handling of .gz files

Subject: Re: [htdig] Handling of .gz files
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 14:46:54 PST

At 8:53 AM +0100 12/29/99, Andreas Jung wrote:
>I am trying to index our documentation server. Due to disk limitations
>we keep lots of plain text documents as .gz files. The web server sends
>for these documents the following header:
>
>content-type: text/plain
>content-encoding: x-gzip

It's probably easiest on the server side, but you can also do it
through the new external converter feature. See
<http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#external_parser>

I would probably write up a small script that worked out the MIME
type (for example from the file extension) and then gunzip -c'ed the
file.