Re: [htdig] htdig-3.1.4 -- Patched for PHP3?

Subject: Re: [htdig] htdig-3.1.4 -- Patched for PHP3?
From: Aaron Turner (aturner@linuxkb.org)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2000 - 09:43:01 PST

You don't need command line query support for PHP3 if PHP3 can modify the
environment hash like Perl can. I use modperl to call htsearch directly
like this:

# Execute htsearch
# Setup the Ht://Dig ENV so we don't have for fork() the search.sh script
  $ENV{'SCRIPT_NAME'} = "/modperl/search";
  $ENV{'REQUEST_METHOD'} = "GET";
  $ENV{'QUERY_STRING'} = "$htparams";

where $htparams is the query string for htsearch.

Then execute htsearch:

@htout = `/home/htdig/dev/bin/htsearch -c /home/htdig/dev/conf/htdig_adv.conf`;

As you see in this case I'm telling htsearch to use a different config
file (I have multiple templates for the output). It gets the CGI params
from the $ENV hash. Obviously the above lines are Perl, but it should be
clear enough how to write it in PHP.

--
Aaron Turner, Core Developer       http://vodka.linuxkb.org/~aturner/
Linux Knowledge Base Organization  http://linuxkb.org/