Re: [htdig] htdig-3.1.4 -- Patched for PHP3?

Subject: Re: [htdig] htdig-3.1.4 -- Patched for PHP3?
From: Aaron Turner (
Date: Mon Jan 03 2000 - 09:43:01 PST

You don't need command line query support for PHP3 if PHP3 can modify the
environment hash like Perl can. I use modperl to call htsearch directly
like this:

# Execute htsearch
# Setup the Ht://Dig ENV so we don't have for fork() the script
  $ENV{'SCRIPT_NAME'} = "/modperl/search";
  $ENV{'QUERY_STRING'} = "$htparams";

where $htparams is the query string for htsearch.

Then execute htsearch:

@htout = `/home/htdig/dev/bin/htsearch -c /home/htdig/dev/conf/htdig_adv.conf`;

As you see in this case I'm telling htsearch to use a different config
file (I have multiple templates for the output). It gets the CGI params
from the $ENV hash. Obviously the above lines are Perl, but it should be
clear enough how to write it in PHP.

Aaron Turner, Core Developer
Linux Knowledge Base Organization
Because world domination requires quality open documentation.