Re: [htdig] searching

Subject: Re: [htdig] searching
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 23 1999 - 10:00:52 PST

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, John Embow wrote:

> compile stats on the strings people are searching for? Right now we
> have a perl script that strips out the daily log file and creates a
> list, but i would like to be able to see weekly/monthly stats on how
> many times a person searches on dog(s), etc....

I think several people have worked on an Analog description of the
htesearch logs--certainly with a Perl script, you could format an
intermediate log format to your liking. I believe some modules already
exist for word stemming and I know for sure that they exist for soundex
and metaphone. I'd check out Text::* on CPAN.