RE: [htdig] searching

Subject: RE: [htdig] searching
From: Sean Pecor (sean@digitalspinner.com)
Date: Thu Dec 23 1999 - 09:45:11 PST

John,

> Does anyone know of a tool that uses fuzzy logic or the like to
> compile stats on the strings people are searching for? Right now we
> have a perl script that strips out the daily log file and creates a
> list, but i would like to be able to see weekly/monthly stats on how
> many times a person searches on dog(s), etc....

One solution (Linux) would be to install mySQL and modify the htsearch
slightly to call an external Perl program that does a simple insert into a
mySQL search table before doing its thing. We've done this with PHP and
mySQL, linking user demographics with search and travel pattern tendencies.

Sean.

# Digital Spinner, Inc.
# Web Design, Development and Consulting.
# Phone: 802.948.2020
# Fax: 802.948.2749
# http://www.digitalspinner.com