[htdig] question about local filesystem indexing

Subject: [htdig] question about local filesystem indexing
From: hkreuzer@syndik.at
Date: Thu Dec 23 1999 - 01:49:40 PST

hello!
first of all i want to say thank you for that great search engine. because of many troubles with my former search engine (M$ index server) i changed to linux with ht://dig and i am very happy about my decision :-)
now the question: although i only want to index the files on my filesystem, i need a starting html file that links to all the other html files right? the problem for me is, that i don't have such a html file. is there another possibility that htdig finds all my local files in a certain directory and all subdirectories?

thanks for your help!

harald