Re: [htdig] restrict and &

Subject: Re: [htdig] restrict and &
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Wed Dec 22 1999 - 06:37:42 PST

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Aaron Turner wrote:

> I'm trying to use the restrict parameter to reduce the number of hits.
> Problem is that the string I want to restrict to is something like:
> type=6&op=1.3.5
> &restrict=type=6%26op=1.3.5

I'm a bit surprised the latter didn't work since that should be how that
particular string is encoded. One thing to check is the contents of
the restrict field in the htsearch-generated pages. Is that about what you

One more question: the first string sounded like it was in an HTML form,
while the second was part of a URL, right? In an HTML form, the
appropriate text would be: