Re: [htdig] make install 3.1.4 on BSDI

Subject: Re: [htdig] make install 3.1.4 on BSDI
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Tue Dec 21 1999 - 13:26:17 PST

According to Markus Mohr:
> > Well, I'm stumped. The loop in the Makefile that installed images looks
> > just like all the other install loops. I can't see anything else that
> > could cause the test command to get a syntax error. If you can't track
> Me too. :(
>
> > it down, I'd suggest trying to install again from scratch. It may be that
> > your Makefile was corrupted somehow.
> That was an install from scratch. The image dir is empty.
>
> I doublechecked permissions and have also tried to copy the images
> manually, but still this error prevails.
>
> Here is the part from the Makefile, but I donīt see an error.
> Tell me, if you need additional information.

I can't even think of what additional information to ask for at this
point. It just doesn't make sense, unless there's something messed
up in your CONFIG (or perhaps Makefile.config) file. I was going to
suggest putting trace prints in the install-sh script, in case the error
message was coming from there, but if the error persists after manually
copying all the image files into place, then the error is somewhere in
the Makefiles, not in the install-sh script. Why don't you just comment
out or delete the troublesome lines in Makefile and continue your
make install after that? I'm going to be away for a couple weeks, so
I'm afraid I can't help you any more than that.