Re: [htdig] One solution for slow dig on Linux.

Subject: Re: [htdig] One solution for slow dig on Linux.
From: Doug Barton (DougB@simplenet.com)
Date: Tue Dec 21 1999 - 13:14:02 PST

Premier Hosting Administrator wrote:

> I have a theory question now.. is there any limitations to the size or
> number of records that HtDig can perform? Is there an OS limit in
> FreeBSD for example?

        FreeBSD is an excellent platform for high-volume, high-availability web
server apps. I use htdig on FreeBSD and it performs brilliantly. You can
save yourself a small amount of aggravation on the install by using the
ports collection version of htdig (similar to RPM's for you linu-philes)
but it's not strictly necessary.

Enjoy,

Doug

--
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
                -- Walt Disney