[htdig] Berkeley DB Concurrent Data Store

Subject: [htdig] Berkeley DB Concurrent Data Store
From: loic@ceic.com
Date: Tue Dec 21 1999 - 11:38:40 PST

Guan Yang writes:

> Now, I'm sorry if this question has already been answered in the FAQs (I
> couoldn't find it) or in earlier posts, but would Concurrent Data Store
> speed up ht://Dig significantly? And how much work would be required to
> support it?

 The Berkeley DB distribution used in htdig includes the three marketing
products described on sleepycat. It's true that htdig does not use the
full power of Berkeley DB at present. In particular the shared memory cache
could be used so that multiple instances of htsearch or htdig share the
same cache. Nobody is following this track currently although the inverted
index library (htword) will shortly (1 month or 2 at most) support this.

      Cheers,

--
		Loic Dachary

24 av Secretan 75019 Paris Tel: 33 1 42 45 09 16 e-mail: loic@dachary.org URL: http://www.senga.org/