[htdig] TMPDIR problem

Subject: [htdig] TMPDIR problem
From: KHumpf@IITRI.ORG
Date: Tue Dec 21 1999 - 09:15:57 PST

I found that on our UNIX machine, we use the followin to set an environment
variable:

setenv TMPDIR=/path/to/directory

So I've tried this, followed by the htmerge command. While htmerge is
running, I do a "ps" to see the processes, and I see that htmerge has been
re-mapped to the correct place:

username 7135 7134 21 12:24:53 pts/4 0:05 /bin/sort -T
/path/to/directory/htdig/temp= /old/wordlist/path/db.wordlist

BUT... when I watch the amount of disk space, it eats it up from the "/var"
directory... instead of the "/home" directory that I've re-routed it to?!
Shouldn't it just use the new "TMPDIR" for storage? Is setenv the correct
command?

Keith Humpf
khumpf@iitri.org <mailto:khumpf@iitri.org>
IIT Research Institute