Re: [htdig] make install 3.1.4 on BSDI

Subject: Re: [htdig] make install 3.1.4 on BSDI
From: Paul Johnson (pauljohn@ukans.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 14:53:22 PST

Gilles Detillieux wrote:

> According to Markus Mohr:
 If you can't track
> it down, I'd suggest trying to install again from scratch. It may be that
> your Makefile was corrupted somehow.

I'd just add a warning if you do remake it:

I had trouble getting the settings exactly right and I found one feature
of htdig to be surprising/frustrating. The make install does not
overwrite existing files, which I don't think is quite standard. Anyway,
when you think you have built it again and reinstalled, sometimes you
find nothing changed because the same old mistaken files are still
sitting in your system.

That tripped me up a couple of times.

--
Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn@ukans.edu