Re: [htdig] Indexing PostScirpt files.

Subject: Re: [htdig] Indexing PostScirpt files.
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 14:16:37 PST

According to David Adams:
> I am using Ht://Dig 3.1.2 with parse_doc.pl to index - among other
> things - PostScript files.
>
> Out of 80 PostScript files found, 25 result in the message:
>
> Aladdin Ghostscript: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
>
> At least some of these can be viewed by Ghostview on the same system
> (Irix 6.5) without any problem. I'm using the ps2ascii, gs and ghostview
> supplied in the /usr/freeware/bin directory.
>
> Does anybody have any suggestions as to diagnosis or cure?

If I recall, ghostview isn't necessarily based on Aladdin Ghostscript, so
it may give different results than gs or ps2ascii. I'd suggest trying gs
or ps2ascii directly on a few of the troublesome files, to see if you can
get to the bottom of the cause. If you can get your hand on different
versions of gs, I'd suggest trying them as well.