Re: [htdig] htdig won't ignore the files I want ignored

Subject: Re: [htdig] htdig won't ignore the files I want ignored
From: Nathaniel Irons (irons@espresso.hampshire.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 16 1999 - 17:08:14 PST

On 12/16/99 at 6:41 PM, pauljohn@ukans.edu (Paul E. Johnson) wrote:

> Of course, when you click on that link, and open that directory, you
> end up reading the index.html file. But even the browser does not
> include "index.html" as the file being read, it just has
>
> http://raven.cc.ukans.edu/~kups/maillist/polsannounce/
>
> at the top.

What you want to do is to modify your IDXPGBEGIN and TIDXPGBEGIN
resources (as well as any other index pages you may have specified) to
include

  <META NAME="robots" CONTENT="noindex, follow">

in the html head. Links on the page will be followed, but the page
itself will be safely deleted from the index. You'll have to rebuild
your mhonarc archives (or at least run them over with EDITIDX), and then
rebuild your htdig archive.

  -nat