Re: [htdig] htdig won't ignore the files I want ignored

Subject: Re: [htdig] htdig won't ignore the files I want ignored
From: Paul E. Johnson (pauljohn@ukans.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 16 1999 - 16:41:15 PST

I thought that executing "rundig" would do the indexing, and so the file
called index.html would not end up in the search.

I think the puzzle may have something to do with the fact that when I do
the search after reindexing, the htdig search result points to this

http://raven.cc.ukans.edu/~kups/maillist/polsannounce/

rather than

http://raven.cc.ukans.edu/~kups/maillist/polsannounce/index.html

Of course, when you click on that link, and open that directory, you end
up reading the index.html file. But even the browser does not include
"index.html" as the file being read, it just has

http://raven.cc.ukans.edu/~kups/maillist/polsannounce/

at the top.

--
Paul E. Johnson        			email: pauljohn@ukans.edu