Re: [htdig] htdig won't ignore the files I want ignored

Subject: Re: [htdig] htdig won't ignore the files I want ignored
From: Paul E. Johnson (
Date: Thu Dec 16 1999 - 16:41:15 PST

I thought that executing "rundig" would do the indexing, and so the file
called index.html would not end up in the search.

I think the puzzle may have something to do with the fact that when I do
the search after reindexing, the htdig search result points to this

rather than

Of course, when you click on that link, and open that directory, you end
up reading the index.html file. But even the browser does not include
"index.html" as the file being read, it just has

at the top.

Geoff Hutchison wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > # server.)
> > #
> > exclude_urls: /cgi-bin/ .cgi index.html threads.html
> This affects how the next *indexing* will be done, not the searches. YOu
> can add "index.html|threads.html" to the exclude field on the search form,
> or you can reindex and this will take effect.
> -Geoff Hutchison
> Williams Students Online

Paul E. Johnson        			email:
Dept. of Political Science
University of Kansas           		Office: (785) 864-9086
Lawrence, Kansas 66045         		FAX: (785) 864-5700