Re: [htdig] ISO Info on Funtionality

Subject: Re: [htdig] ISO Info on Funtionality
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Thu Dec 16 1999 - 14:13:14 PST

According to Michael Johnson:
> I need a little information about how htdig handle header redirection.
> Here is my situation. htdig is running on a domain and is limited to
> searching only that domain. We want it to also index the first external
> page from any level. Example:
> 1. is the site with htdig running
> 2. links to
> 3. In an attempt to make htdig index I
> have done created a perl script that accepts 1 parameter, a url, and then
> prints 'Location: [url]. This causes a redirection to [url].
> So my ultimate question is will htdig index this page or not? Does it see
> that is a redirection and not follow the link?

htdig will follow redirects, but only if they fall within the scope of
limit_urls_to, which is set to the same as your start_url by default.
You'd need to change this to allow digging files from other sites, but
then it won't be limited to the first external page only.

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: