Re: [htdig] Re: [ANNOUNCE] ht://Dig 3.1.4 RPMs for Red Hat

Subject: Re: [htdig] Re: [ANNOUNCE] ht://Dig 3.1.4 RPMs for Red Hat
From: Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl
Date: Thu Dec 16 1999 - 12:23:08 PST

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Gilles Detillieux wrote:

> According to Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl:
> > On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Gilles Detillieux wrote:
> > > According to Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl:

> > > There's nothing wrong with having two definitions of start_url (or any
> > > other attribute) in one config file. The second will simply override
> > > the first definition. It will do this consistenly. Do you have any
> > > specific details on the sort of "random behaviour" you claim this caused?
> > > Does the random behaviour disappear when you remove or comment out the
> > > first start_url definitions? It may be that the problem is with the IP
> > > address that was pulled out of your httpd.conf.
> >
> > After disabling the extra lines and correctly stating what should be there
> > on the first few lines it worked as should be.
>
> OK, but that's not what I asked. I wanted to know if disabling the
> FIRST start_url definition made any difference to your results, because
> you claimed that having two separate definitions of start_url led to
> "random behaviour". I'd still like to know what that random behaviour is,
> and how having two separate definitions of an attribute can lead to it.

The machine runs production now so testing is not possible. (I got
it solved after spending an afternoon on it.) As said I had to clear out
all that was added and then some more and move it to the top of the config
file.

> On the other hand, if the "random behaviour" is in fact just htdig diging
> a site other than what you wanted, because the RPM grabbed an address from
> your httpd.conf other than what you wanted, then this is a configuration
> issue and not a bug in htdig. That's what I'm trying to sort out here.

It was htdig not digging at all. Just a glance and it was gone. The result
were not logical at all.

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/