[htdig] ISO Info on Funtionality

Subject: [htdig] ISO Info on Funtionality
From: Michael Johnson (vwbug@southwind.net)
Date: Thu Dec 16 1999 - 11:09:14 PST

I need a little information about how htdig handle header redirection.
Here is my situation. htdig is running on a domain and is limited to
searching only that domain. We want it to also index the first external
page from any level. Example:

1. www.mysite.com is the site with htdig running

2. www.mysite.com/index.html links to www.someothersite.com/page.html

3. In an attempt to make htdig index www.someothersite.com/page.html I
have done created a perl script that accepts 1 parameter, a url, and then
prints 'Location: [url]. This causes a redirection to [url].

So my ultimate question is will htdig index this page or not? Does it see
that is a redirection and not follow the link?

If htdig will not index [url] using this method, does anyone have any
ideas as to how I can accomplish this.

Please reply to vwbug@southwind.net, as I don't have time to watch the
webpage based list constantly nor do I have the time to parse through the
amount of email I would get by subscribing to the list.

Thank you you all in advance.