Re: [htdig] Header and footer, but no text...

Subject: Re: [htdig] Header and footer, but no text...
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 11:45:04 PST

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Philip Coates wrote:

> htdig: Run complete
> htdig: 1 server seen:
> htdig: www.******.com:80 0 documents
> htmerge: Unable to open word list file '/var/spool/htdig/db.wordlist.work'
>
> from www.******.com. True there is no such file - but there isn't on
> testweb.******.com either.

You don't mention what path your databases should be in. As it stands,
htmerge is looking for db.wordlist.work (probably called with -a) and
can't find it at all. So you won't get anything useful for search results
because the proper db aren't being generated.

That's not the core problem--you also don't seem to be getting through to
www.*****.com: note the "0 documents" in the stats!

So I'd first resolve the problem indexing. What do you see when you run it
with -vvv? Why isn't it getting through? Then I'd worry about whether the
paths are right, etc.