[htdig] Header and footer, but no text...

Subject: [htdig] Header and footer, but no text...
From: Philip Coates (philc@noho.co.uk)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 09:24:52 PST

Hi all,

Back again after a bit of a gap when our mail server died. I have delivered
a product to a client using ht://Dig which worked fine on their test site,
but when they switched it (a complete tar of the other machine, identical
setup on both boxes) all that could be seen was a header listing the number
of documents found and the footer pointing to the number of pages. This
suggests to me that the dig process is working correctly. There was no sign
of any excerpts or anything between header.html and footer.html. The client
describes what he did:

Yes, it's been like that [no excerpts, etc.] since we put the files out
there. We are using exactly
the same /etc/htdig directory - I just deleted it and untarred a copy from
testweb, without any visible change. We have an identical binary in
/usr/local/bin and identical contents of the php3, htdocs/customers and
mdocs/customers directories. The OS installation is also the same release.

The only difference is that we have
start_url: http://www.******.com/
in /etc/htdig/keywords.conf on www.******.com and
start_url: http://testweb.******.com/
on testweb.******.com.

However, when I run the indexer as root I get the message

htdig: Run complete
htdig: 1 server seen:
htdig: www.******.com:80 0 documents
htmerge: Unable to open word list file '/var/spool/htdig/db.wordlist.work'

from www.******.com. True there is no such file - but there isn't on
testweb.******.com either.

turandot:/home/www/scripts# ls -l /var/spool/htdig/
total 197
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2048 Dec 15 17:02 db.docdb
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 121856 Dec 11 00:16 db.docs.index
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 32135 Dec 11 00:16 db.wordlist
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Dec 11 00:08 db.wordlist.new
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Dec 15 17:02 db.wordlist.work.new
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 41984 Dec 11 00:16 db.words.db

Does anyone have any ideas why the described behaviour is occuring?

Any suggestions would be a great help,

TIA,

Phil

NoHo Digital