[htdig] Newbie problems

Subject: [htdig] Newbie problems
From: Tom Nawara (tnawara@netscape.net)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 09:29:32 PST

Hello.
I'm having problems running ht://Dig 3.1.4.
Specs:
   * RedHat Linux (release 6.1, kernel 2.2.12-20)
   * Intel HW
   * Apache 1.3.9

After install of the RPM (which seems to go very smoothly), running htdig and
htmerge, and configuration of test search forms
(http://www.nhma.org/stest_post.html and http://www.nhma.org/stest_get.html),
I'm running into problems. First, it's not allowing me to use "post," only
"get." Second, when I do use the "get" method I'm getting garbage back to the
browser.

htsearch works from the command line, so I'm not sure what's going on.

I'm sure it's something very simple that I'm missing, but I'm looking to you
guru's for some reliable help.

Thanks.

/tom

Tom Nawara