[htdig] xpdf and encryption

Subject: [htdig] xpdf and encryption
From: J. op den Brouw (MSQL_User@st.hhs.nl)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 03:42:15 PST

Hi,

using xpdf (pdfinfo actualy) with a pdf file I get:

[msql@chaos xpdf]$ pdfinfo ~/Backup/320051.pdf
Error: PDF file is encrypted and cannot be displayed
Error: * Decryption support is currently not included in xpdf
Error: * due to legal restrictions: the U.S.A. still has bogus
Error: * export controls on cryptography software.
Error: Couldn't read xref table
[msql@chaos xpdf]$

Is there a encryption patch somewhere?
The PDF *is* legal; I can read it with Acroread.

--jesse
Haagse Hogeschool 2521 EN DEN HAAG
Sector Techniek Netherlands
Afdeling Elektrotechniek +31 70 4458936

Linux - because reboots are for hardware changes