Re: [htdig] How about a htdig newgroup?

Subject: Re: [htdig] How about a htdig newgroup?
From: Bernard T. Higonnet (
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 14:12:29 PST wrote:

> > Newsgroups are much more suited for this kind of activity IMHO. But I've
> > never set up a newsgroup, so I don't have any idea how to do it.
> >
> > Good idea, bad idea?

I personally prefer newsgroups, though the key to both newsgroups and
mailing lists is a good header (I seldom read either kind with a subject
line of "problem"). What I like about newsgroups is that a) they don't
clog my mailbox and b) the whole thread is there if I want to consult

That being said, my perception is that those persons who contribute the
vast majority of the answers appear not to like newsgroups, so....

Bernard T. Higonnet
Belmont MA 02478-2836 USA

Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only truth, but supreme beauty -- a beauty cold and austere, like that of a sculpture. Bertrand Russell (1872 -1970), Mysticism and Logic (1918)