Re: [htdig] How about a htdig newgroup?

Subject: Re: [htdig] How about a htdig newgroup?
From: Bernard T. Higonnet (higonnet@world.std.com)
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 14:12:29 PST

root@unix1.psych.westminster.edu wrote:

> > Newsgroups are much more suited for this kind of activity IMHO. But I've
> > never set up a newsgroup, so I don't have any idea how to do it.
> >
> > Good idea, bad idea?

I personally prefer newsgroups, though the key to both newsgroups and
mailing lists is a good header (I seldom read either kind with a subject
line of "problem"). What I like about newsgroups is that a) they don't
clog my mailbox and b) the whole thread is there if I want to consult
it.

That being said, my perception is that those persons who contribute the
vast majority of the answers appear not to like newsgroups, so....

--
Bernard T. Higonnet
Belmont MA 02478-2836 USA

Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only truth, but supreme beauty -- a beauty cold and austere, like that of a sculpture. Bertrand Russell (1872 -1970), Mysticism and Logic (1918)