Re: [htdig] How about a htdig newgroup?

Subject: Re: [htdig] How about a htdig newgroup?
From: root@unix1.psych.westminster.edu
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 13:59:11 PST

> Is it possible to replace this mailing list with a htdig newsgroup? This
> mailing list is so active that it isn't attractive to subscribe to because
> that means too much incoming mail. But it is also clumsy to try to monitor
> (and post to) the list from the web archive.
>
> Newsgroups are much more suited for this kind of activity IMHO. But I've
> never set up a newsgroup, so I don't have any idea how to do it.
>
> Good idea, bad idea?

IMHO I like mailing lists. News Groups are to much of a pain. I agree with some
of the other posts about having tried them and quit using them. If you want to
keep them seperate then use email software with rules and have them put in there
own directory or submail box. This will keep them out of the way. I find it easy
to follow the topics by subject header, especiall if the header is well done.

Ron Webster