Re: [htdig] Indexing big files.

Subject: Re: [htdig] Indexing big files.
From: Petr Ferdus (pferdus@vertigo.fme.vutbr.cz)
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 13:17:07 PST

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Gilles Detillieux wrote:

> According to Petr Ferdus:
> > Is there a way to force htdig to produce more than one result match per
> > file? In my case I have indexed just a few rather big files
> > (approx. 2MB each). Search often showed links to all of them with
> > the excerpts showing first occurrence of searched string. More usable
> > output would show all occurrences of searched string located within
> > documents. (with reasonable upper limit)
> > Can anyone recommend what might bring richer output.
>
> Nothing right now. This feature has been requested once before, but I
> don't know if anyone is currently working on it.

Thank you for quick answer.

Does it mean, that you can actually 'dig' from the htdig databases only
excerpts related to the first occurence of any given word or the feature
of viewing other word occurences is not provided by htsearch? (but can be
implemented, because necessary data are stored there)

Thanks.

Petr Ferdus
pferdus@fme.vutbr.cz