Re: [htdig] How about a htdig newgroup?

Subject: Re: [htdig] How about a htdig newgroup?
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 12:59:54 PST

According to Wayne Larmon:
> Is it possible to replace this mailing list with a htdig newsgroup? This
> mailing list is so active that it isn't attractive to subscribe to because
> that means too much incoming mail. But it is also clumsy to try to monitor
> (and post to) the list from the web archive.
>
> Newsgroups are much more suited for this kind of activity IMHO. But I've
> never set up a newsgroup, so I don't have any idea how to do it.
>
> Good idea, bad idea?

I can only speak for myself on this point, but I'd much prefer a mailing
list over a newgroup. I've pretty much abandoned long ago any of the
newsgroups I had been following, and even back then, I wasn't following
them that regularly. If this list were moved to a newsgroup, I doubt I'd
participate much.

The new list server on htdig.org supports digests, if that helps, but I
guess those would be even clumsier to reply to. It's a shame our web
mailing list archive isn't easier to browse through and followup.