Re: [htdig] Unrecognized character \177 error message with htsearch.

Subject: Re: [htdig] Unrecognized character \177 error message with htsearch.
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 11:28:40 PST

According to Francisco Sosa:
> Hi, I get an error message when I try to submit a search to htsearch.
> The value passed via the submit button is:
>
> config=htdig&restrict=&exclude=&words=sd&method=and&format=builtin-long&sort=score&submit=Search
>
> even if I modify it so that the submit gives:
>
> config=htdig&words=vietnam&format=builtin-long
>
> it still fails.
>
> The error message in the log is the date followed by "[error]" followed
> by "Unrecognized character \177 at " followed by the full path to
> htsearch followed by "line 1."
>
> The operating system is redhat linux 6.0.
>
> If I run htsearch manually and answer the prompts then it functions ...
> on the terminal.
> How do I eliminate the \177 character ?

Someone back in August reported a similar error after changing his Mason
configuration. I don't know whether this is the only possible cause of
this error (I suspect not), but it may help to read that discussion. You
can find it at

        http://www.htdig.org/mail/1999/08/0140.html

or go to www.htdig.org and search for

        unrecognized character