RE: [htdig] How do I access parse_doc.pl.gz?

Subject: RE: [htdig] How do I access parse_doc.pl.gz?
From: Wayne Larmon (wayne@scrounge.org)
Date: Sat Dec 11 1999 - 18:50:35 PST

Yeah, that was it. I was downloading it with Internet Explorer 5 and it
must have transferred as ASCII. I switched to WS_FTP and then it
"gunzipped" without complaint.

This is peculiar, because I use IE5 to download tar.gz files all the time
with no problems.

Anyway, I configured parse_doc.pl to use the xpdf programs and it indexes
fine. The text shows up in the search results as text, not displayed as
binary gibberish like Acroread does.

Thanks.

Wayne Larmon