[htdig] How do I access parse_doc.pl.gz?

Subject: [htdig] How do I access parse_doc.pl.gz?
From: Wayne Larmon (wayne@scrounge.org)
Date: Sat Dec 11 1999 - 17:50:22 PST

I'm trying to index pdf files. I'm using htdig 3.1.4 on Mandrake 6.1.

I first tried Acroread. Acroread 4.0 fails with a "segmentation fault"
problem. Acroread 3.0 indexes, but the text in the search results is binary
gibberish.

I then decided to try xpdf. I got the xpdf binaries downloaded, but now I'm
stuck on accessing parse_doc.pl from your
http://www.htdig.org/files/contrib/parsers/ directory because is is stored
as parse_doc.pl.gz.

"gunzip parse_doc.pl.gz" gives this error:

gunzip: parse_doc.pl.gz: not in gzip format

So how do I access parse_doc.pl.gz?

TIA.

Wayne Larmon