Re: [htdig] nomatch.html

Subject: Re: [htdig] nomatch.html
From: Torsten Neuer (
Date: Sat Dec 11 1999 - 07:41:38 PST

"" wrote:
> Hi
> You will find that in htcommon/, before compiling, of course.
> The only remaining change is in htsearch/ , to change
> "bytes" in the results page.
> I've translated htdig 3.1.4 in french if somebody's interested.
> antonio chavez wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm translating the htdig's HTML files to spanish, but i don't know
> > where to change some of the INPUT fields in "nomatch.html"
> >
> > Where can i change the names in: METHOD, FORMAT and EXCLUDE ?
> >
> > i.e. "Short" to "Corto", "Long" to "Largo", etc ..

There is no need to hack the sources in order to customize Ht://Dig
for a specific language. In fact, all you need to do is to change
the configuration file. In particular this is done via the following
configuration directives (I'll list all which are of interest for
"porting" Ht://Dig to another language, including those that can be
used to tune the search performance by honoring language specific

Also have a look at

There is no template name called "EXCLUDE".

Hacking the sources in order to customize Ht://Dig for another
language is not only unneccessary, but also wrong.

E-Mail:            Internet: