Re: [htdig] Re: [ANNOUNCE] ht://Dig 3.1.4 RPMs for Red Hat

Subject: Re: [htdig] Re: [ANNOUNCE] ht://Dig 3.1.4 RPMs for Red Hat
From: Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl
Date: Sat Dec 11 1999 - 00:11:21 PST

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> At 12:17 AM +0100 12/11/99, Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl wrote:
> >Did you add the funny stuff at the end /etc/htdig/htdig.conf?
>
> What "funny stuff" are you referring to?

a few lines like:
local_urls: http://192.168.1.1/=/home/httpd/html/
start_url: http://192.168.1.1/

> >It took me while to find out that two lines of start_url results in random
> >behaviour.
>
> If you mean trying to split start_url over multiple lines, you need
> to include a '\' at the end. Otherwise it will only read the first
> line and ignore the rest.

Nope. I mean two times a line called start_url: with one at the usual
place and one at the bottom.

Gathering from the info in there the RPM does suffer from a wish to
configure things where it shouldn't. (Because it does things wrong as it
does not look at all at the hostname or the changes in httpd.conf and
such.)

Hugo.

Hugo van der Kooij; Oranje Nassaustraat 16; 3155 VJ Maasland
hvdkooij@caiw.nl http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/