Re: [htdig] htsearch failure for other domains?

Subject: Re: [htdig] htsearch failure for other domains?
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Fri Dec 10 1999 - 09:57:45 PST

At 10:35 AM -0700 12/10/99, Mike Morrow wrote:
>In our setup, htdig/htmerge does not create the file
>Should there be such a file? How is it built?

There should *definitely* be a db.words.db file. Obviously, if that's
not the correct path, then there's a config issue. Otherwise, it
would help to know how you're calling htmerge and if you're getting
any error messages.

This file should be generated by htmerge from the db.wordlist file.

>Is there a reason why errors should arise from off-campus ISPs?

These errors should be coming from *all* accesses if this file
doesn't exist. Do you have different config files for on-campus and
off-campus? In other words, maybe you have a "intranet" and an
"internet" setup so that only public pages are indexed for off-campus