Re: [htdig] Compiling on DEC unix

Subject: Re: [htdig] Compiling on DEC unix
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 10 1999 - 09:48:48 PST

At 9:53 AM -0600 12/10/99, Paul E. Johnson wrote:
>My build gets pretty far, but then ends with this
>
>Make: Cannot open ../../CONFIG. Stop.
>
>I get the same error from "make clean".
>
>I'm building this on a DEC Unix system that I don't own/maintain, and I
>have no way of knowing what version of make they have. Is it possible
>this is cause by not having gnu make?

Nah, you'd get an entirely different message, probably something
about bad Makefile syntax.

You can solve this problem by editing the generated Makefile.config
by hand. Simply edit the line that includes ../../CONFIG and point it
to an appropriate place. The other Makefiles include Makefile.config
so you shouldn't need to edit those.

I don't know why it's happening, but it should let you compile.
Cheers,