[htdig] Indexing of TITLE and ALT attributes

Subject: [htdig] Indexing of TITLE and ALT attributes
From: Rzepa, Henry (h.rzepa@ic.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 10:06:48 PST

Can anyone familiar with the source code let me know whether ht//Dig 3.2 will
parse TITLE and or ALT fields for a range of elements? I note that in June 1999, this
question was asked of the IMG ALT attribute. The answer then was no.
I also note that in http://www.htdig.org/htdig3-dev/1999/12/0013.html
mention is made of adding ALT indexing to IMG, but not apparently
which can all have either ALT
or TITLE (curiously the HTML 4 DTD seems confused about which to
use) which seem useful to index. Indeed, it would be useful to also perhaps
assign non unitary weights to such strings.

Henry Rzepa. +44 171 594 5774 (Office) +44 171 594 5804 (Fax)
Dept. Chemistry, Imperial College, London, SW7 2AY, UK.
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa/