[htdig] Index halted

Subject: [htdig] Index halted
From: KHumpf@IITRI.ORG
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 08:57:53 PST

I just finished running an extremely large indexing process with htdig. It
had about 5 documents left to index, and it ran out of hard drive space. I
then moved the entire htdig database do a different logical device and
continued running htdig from where it left off (using the command "htdig -vc
../conf/mystuff.conf"). I then ran htmerge and tested out a couple
searches.

My searches seem to only find documents from the latest 5 that I added?!
The database itself is still huge so I've got to believe that the rest of
them are in there somewhere. As long as I don't use the -i switch with
htdig, don't I keep all the old stuff that's in the database? If so, why
doesn't my search find any of them?

It takes about 3 days to finish indexing on everything so I would really
like to avoid starting over if at all possible.

Thanks in advance.

Keith Humpf
khumpf@iitri.org <mailto:khumpf@iitri.org>
(315)-339-7071